One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment or hospital department dedicated to the investigation and treatment of pain.‘the GP referred the patient to the pain clinic’
- ‘In difficult cases and when increasingly large doses of opiates are required, patients should be referred to a specialist pain clinic.’
- ‘If pain is prolonged then treatment will be managed by a multidisciplinary team in a pain clinic.’
- ‘Your doctor may refer you to a rheumatologist or hospital pain clinic for further, more specialist, assessment.’
- ‘This treatment had been evaluated in a clinical trial in a multidisciplinary pain clinic on patients who came for acupuncture therapy over a period of two years.’
- ‘If a hospital has a pain clinic, you can find a pain specialist there.’
- ‘She took physio for two weeks and thereafter she was referred to a Pain Clinic for the continuing symptoms in her right elbow.’
- ‘The consultant in the pain clinic discussed the issue of exercise with me.’
- ‘He did recommend that she attend yet another pain clinic for management of her condition.’
- ‘Acupuncture is available as a treatment option in most chronic pain clinics.’
- ‘Pain clinics or surgical teams offer specialist pain management, and the rest can usually be overseen within primary care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.