Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A medical practitioner specializing in children and their diseases.
- ‘It is important to check with your family physician or pediatrician to make sure you have the right dose for your child.’
- ‘Developmental screening is done by pediatric nurse practitioners supervised by a pediatrician.’
- ‘Newborns should be checked for general eye health by a pediatrician or family physician in the hospital nursery.’
- ‘As developmental paediatrician to a neonatal referral centre she followed many low birthweight children with great skill.’
- ‘Infants in these nurseries may be managed by family physicians and general pediatricians who later continue their care in the ambulatory setting.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.