One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the branch of medicine dealing with children and their diseases.‘the hospital's paediatric ward’‘paediatric oncology’
- ‘The minister said the first report would deal with post-mortem issues in paediatric hospitals.’
- ‘Paediatric dentistry is a much neglected area of medicine.’
- ‘Once he rules out the problem in the throat, a paediatric gastroenterologist can be consulted to rule out a problem in the food pipe.’
- ‘Their comments illustrate how difficult and controversial paediatric palliative care still is.’
- ‘Being a paediatric specialist in the field, he preferred to base his own opinion on personal experience.’
- ‘There have been no such studies carried out with the paediatric population.’
- ‘His enforced retirement from the scene would have a catastrophic effect on paediatric morale.’
- ‘Ground level contains maternity outpatient services, with paediatric outpatients above.’
- ‘Paediatric practice is underpinned by a professional requirement to act in the child's best interests.’
- ‘The paediatric pathologist deferred to the expertise of the ophthalmic consultants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.