One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small wallaby inhabiting the coastal scrub of Australia and New Guinea.
Genus Thylogale, family Macropodidae: three speciesAlso called scrub wallaby
- ‘It is believed that predation by non-native red foxes was the primary reason for the extinction of the dusky pademelon on mainland Australia.’
- ‘At dusk pademelons and wallabies come out while sugar gliders float through the forest canopy.’
- ‘‘Some guests just sit and relax in the lush green lawns surrounding the house, where pademelons, brush turkeys and other birds come out from the rainforest to be fed,’ she said.’
- ‘The 17 hectare nature protects eight hectares of undisturbed rainforest, which is home to pademelons, brush turkeys, water rats and possums that can be seen on walks.’
- ‘It is also my first chance to see the wonderfully unique wildlife here; kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, pademelons, possums, and various unique birds.’
Early 19th century (earlier as paddymelon): probably an alteration of Dharuk badimalion.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.