One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flock of swimming ducks.‘each time he saw a paddling of ducks he threw them some bread’
- ‘She spotted a smaller paddling of ducks floating in the middle of the lagoon.’
- ‘We walked over to a paddling of ducks squashed into a little defrosted section of a frozen lake.’
- ‘The common can also boast a number of ponds, inhabited by a 'paddling' of ducks during their breeding season.’
- ‘The river was coal black, but a paddling of ducks often swam fifty feet beneath the bridge.’
- ‘Chickens roam the grounds, providing visitors with fresh free-range eggs, and there's a paddling of ducks who refuse to paddle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.