One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game played with a light ball and wooden bat in a four-walled handball court.
- ‘To blast calories while really working your upper body, try boxing, martial arts, badminton, tennis, paddleball, canoeing, kayaking, rowing or swimming - or play basketball, volleyball, softball or even try fencing.’
- ‘I used to go swimming, play paddleball and all kinds of little games at the gym, but no more.’
- ‘Her late mother, Barbara May, won the 1977 Laguna Open, played soccer and paddleball and was a nationally ranked UCLA tennis player good enough to compete in a qualifier at Wimbledon.’
- ‘The boy wears a baseball cap with an insignia showing two tennis racquets or paddleball racquets.’
- ‘Hoop earrings were popular and every cheek was pink from the sun and too much beach paddleball.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.