One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sealable paper container lined with cushioned packaging material for protecting fragile items in the post.‘I carefully tore open the padded envelope’
- ‘When a parcel appears in my pile of office mail, I will still open it first, hoping the padded envelope contains something that will improve my life.’
- ‘When both swabs have been taken, they should be returned in the padded envelope with our return address label attached.’
- ‘The CD arrived soon enough in a padded envelope with my name and address handwritten.’
- ‘You should receive your package in 1st Class Padded Envelope.’
- ‘Everything was shipped in a nicely padded envelope and so everything arrived in perfect condition.’
- ‘I had not heard from them in several months, but on Friday I found a padded envelope waiting in my mailbox.’
- ‘We had to patiently wait 4–6 weeks for the CD to arrive in its padded envelope just like everyone else.’
- ‘The padded envelope was right there, plump with all the cash inside.’
- ‘The medal was placed in a padded envelope delivered to our offices, but it had no note inside.’
- ‘I handed over a large padded envelope containing all those forms for next day delivery by insured mail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.