One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Partition or separate (data) into units for transmission in a packet-switching network.‘this layer packetizes and reassembles messages’
- ‘We will exploit known technologies such as optical communications, Internet protocol networks, and packetized data switching in new ways to vastly improve our information-dissemination capabilities.’
- ‘However, if voice traffic were to be packetized, it would almost surely be compressed, and then its volume would already be less than that of Internet traffic (at least in the U.S.).’
- ‘The library takes care of all low-level tasks: packetizing the information into named packets, compression, encryption, sending, receiving, buffer congestion and flow control.’
- ‘When an application issues a request for a file, the file server assembles related blocks and packetizes the resulting file for LAN transmission.’
- ‘The IP subsystem, which packetizes the compressed voice data, also contributes delay in a gateway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.