One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Partition or separate (data) into units for transmission in a packet-switching network.‘this layer packetizes and reassembles messages’
- ‘When an application issues a request for a file, the file server assembles related blocks and packetizes the resulting file for LAN transmission.’
- ‘The IP subsystem, which packetizes the compressed voice data, also contributes delay in a gateway.’
- ‘The library takes care of all low-level tasks: packetizing the information into named packets, compression, encryption, sending, receiving, buffer congestion and flow control.’
- ‘We will exploit known technologies such as optical communications, Internet protocol networks, and packetized data switching in new ways to vastly improve our information-dissemination capabilities.’
- ‘However, if voice traffic were to be packetized, it would almost surely be compressed, and then its volume would already be less than that of Internet traffic (at least in the U.S.).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.