Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Partition or separate (data) into units for transmission in a packet-switching network.‘this layer packetizes and reassembles messages’
- ‘We will exploit known technologies such as optical communications, Internet protocol networks, and packetized data switching in new ways to vastly improve our information-dissemination capabilities.’
- ‘The IP subsystem, which packetizes the compressed voice data, also contributes delay in a gateway.’
- ‘However, if voice traffic were to be packetized, it would almost surely be compressed, and then its volume would already be less than that of Internet traffic (at least in the U.S.).’
- ‘When an application issues a request for a file, the file server assembles related blocks and packetizes the resulting file for LAN transmission.’
- ‘The library takes care of all low-level tasks: packetizing the information into named packets, compression, encryption, sending, receiving, buffer congestion and flow control.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.