One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A holiday organized by a travel agent, with arrangements for transport, accommodation, etc., made at an inclusive price.
- ‘Although there has been recent growth in the popularity of independently booked holidays, the package holiday still has in our view, a lot to offer.’
- ‘Another package tour will provide 50% discounts for hotel accommodations in various hotels in Thailand.’
- ‘Travellers who booked a package holiday through a tour operator or a travel agent can expect either a full refund or the right to rebook, but only if the flight was cancelled.’
- ‘If you are looking for a package holiday you may prefer to book it through a travel agent.’
- ‘If the tour operator continues to offer the package holiday, but you decide to cancel, you are liable to forfeit monies paid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.