Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A holiday organized by a travel agent, with arrangements for transport, accommodation, etc., made at an inclusive price.
- ‘If the tour operator continues to offer the package holiday, but you decide to cancel, you are liable to forfeit monies paid.’
- ‘Although there has been recent growth in the popularity of independently booked holidays, the package holiday still has in our view, a lot to offer.’
- ‘Another package tour will provide 50% discounts for hotel accommodations in various hotels in Thailand.’
- ‘If you are looking for a package holiday you may prefer to book it through a travel agent.’
- ‘Travellers who booked a package holiday through a tour operator or a travel agent can expect either a full refund or the right to rebook, but only if the flight was cancelled.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.