One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A four-handed Indian board game in which cowrie shells are thrown to determine the movements of pieces around the board.
- ‘Pachisi was the favorite game of the rulers of India, but you don't have to be a major mogul to enjoy it.’
- ‘Backgammon is new to me and definitely not my game of choice - would rather play pachisi.’
- 1.1 A modern version of the game of pachisi, using four marbles per player and dice.
- ‘The rules of Parcheesi are simple and it is a good family game for two or four players.’
- ‘I too, love Parcheesi, but growing up as an only child, it was hard to find other players.’
From Hindi paccīsī, literally ‘(throw) of 25’ (the highest of the game).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.