One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A four-handed Indian board game in which cowrie shells are thrown to determine the movements of pieces around the board.
- ‘Pachisi was the favorite game of the rulers of India, but you don't have to be a major mogul to enjoy it.’
- ‘Backgammon is new to me and definitely not my game of choice - would rather play pachisi.’
- 1.1trademark in US A modern version of the game of pachisi, using four marbles per player and dice.
- ‘I too, love Parcheesi, but growing up as an only child, it was hard to find other players.’
- ‘The rules of Parcheesi are simple and it is a good family game for two or four players.’
From Hindi paccīsī, literally ‘(throw) of 25’ (the highest of the game).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.