One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Japanese form of pinball.
- ‘And pachinko is a national obsession, the parlours offering gaudy arrays of noisy pinball machines where many Japanese contentedly gamble the hours away.’
- ‘In the book, he explores various Japanese cultural phenomena including bunraku, pachinko and, haiku.’
- ‘Ricky is somewhere in Japan and seems to be happy without football, mainly because he loves playing pachinko.’
- ‘Bob and Charlotte's paths keep crossing leading to various adventures around the hotel as well as the obligatory visits to sushi bars, karaoke and pachinko.’
- ‘Years ago there was a short-lived craze over the game of pachinko in the United States.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.