One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Japanese form of pinball.
- ‘And pachinko is a national obsession, the parlours offering gaudy arrays of noisy pinball machines where many Japanese contentedly gamble the hours away.’
- ‘In the book, he explores various Japanese cultural phenomena including bunraku, pachinko and, haiku.’
- ‘Years ago there was a short-lived craze over the game of pachinko in the United States.’
- ‘Ricky is somewhere in Japan and seems to be happy without football, mainly because he loves playing pachinko.’
- ‘Bob and Charlotte's paths keep crossing leading to various adventures around the hotel as well as the obligatory visits to sushi bars, karaoke and pachinko.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.