A fast bowler.
- ‘The paceman picked up three wickets in India's first innings.’
- ‘It was not just spinners who bowled with a leg slip; often pacemen did so as well.’
- ‘They will consist of five specialist batsmen, one wicket keeper, two allrounders, three pacemen and two spinners.’
- ‘He understands that bowlers tire after long spells, and handles all his pacemen judiciously.’
- ‘In his absence, the paceman, Anwar Hossain, picked up three Northants wickets to advance his claims, although he is unlikely to feature in the Tests.’