One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fast bowler.
- ‘He understands that bowlers tire after long spells, and handles all his pacemen judiciously.’
- ‘The paceman picked up three wickets in India's first innings.’
- ‘In his absence, the paceman, Anwar Hossain, picked up three Northants wickets to advance his claims, although he is unlikely to feature in the Tests.’
- ‘They will consist of five specialist batsmen, one wicket keeper, two allrounders, three pacemen and two spinners.’
- ‘It was not just spinners who bowled with a leg slip; often pacemen did so as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.