One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fast bowler.
- ‘They will consist of five specialist batsmen, one wicket keeper, two allrounders, three pacemen and two spinners.’
- ‘It was not just spinners who bowled with a leg slip; often pacemen did so as well.’
- ‘He understands that bowlers tire after long spells, and handles all his pacemen judiciously.’
- ‘The paceman picked up three wickets in India's first innings.’
- ‘In his absence, the paceman, Anwar Hossain, picked up three Northants wickets to advance his claims, although he is unlikely to feature in the Tests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.