Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1 Convert (oxygen) into ozone.‘various ingenious methods have been employed for proving its formula by using ozonized oxygen’
- ‘The present invention relates to an ozone generator used for an ozonizer and more particularly to an ozone generator that ozonizes oxygen in a space to which oxygen is introduced using silent discharge by high-frequency high voltage.’
- ‘The electrical apparatus acts to ozonize (create ozone in) the air as well as to electrostatically precipitate dust.’
- 1.1Enrich or treat with ozone.‘ozonized air’
- ‘Experimental results showed that the ozonizing process had an excellent de-color efficiency and could improve the biodegradability of wastewater.’
- ‘The ozonized gas and the fluid emerging from the radiation chamber are then combined to a separate collector vessel.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.