One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reduction in the concentration of ozone in the ozone layer.‘this chemical contributes to ozone depletion’
- ‘A four-year study found that an increase in winds caused by greenhouse gases and ozone depletion is preventing the sea from absorbing more carbon.’
- ‘There was ample scientific evidence that they were causing ozone depletion.’
- ‘Flying is one of the major causes of climate change and ozone depletion.’
- ‘Concerns about ozone depletion and health risks associated with these chemicals have created a growing market for alternative treatments.’
- ‘It is vital that government policies aimed at tackling climate change and stratospheric ozone depletion are backed by sound science.’
- ‘The goal is to understand the causes of ozone depletion in order to better assess current environmental policy.’
- ‘Although not the only culprit in our midst, air conditioning has contributed to ozone depletion.’
- ‘Scientists knew even more about ozone depletion and were able to act accordingly.’
- ‘The aim is to describe the connections between ozone depletion and global warming.’
- ‘My colleagues and I investigate atmospheric problems of environmental importance, such as ozone depletion, climate change, and air pollution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.