One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antibiotic related to tetracycline, used to treat a variety of bacterial infections.
- ‘High antibody titres may indicate current or previous tubal infection, and both partners should be treated with an appropriate antibiotic (such as oxytetracycline, erythromycin, azithromycin, or ofloxacin).’
- ‘In the case of the widely used antibiotic oxytetracycline, scientists say around 95 percent of this nonbiodegradable chemical finds its way into the wider environment.’
- ‘The screen also identified four genes that make yeast sensitive to tetracycline and oxytetracycline, which are antibiotics used to treat Lyme disease, pneumonia, acne, bladder infections and ulcers.’
- ‘More importantly members of tetracycline family (tetracycline, oxytetracycline, doxycycline, and minocycline) were found to be effective against worms.’
- ‘The antibiotics normally used are oxytetracycline or tetracycline or erythromycin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.