One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tent-like enclosure within which the air supply can be enriched with oxygen to aid a patient's breathing.‘admitted with bronchial illness, he was put in an oxygen tent with alarms set up to go off if he stopped breathing’
- ‘But can't you achieve a similar effect with an oxygen tent or elevation training?’
- ‘Unless you were actually under an oxygen tent, you could smoke in hospitals.’
- ‘I do not remember when the oxygen tent encased me; nor, do I remember when it was removed.’
- ‘Only 22 years old, he spent his last days under an oxygen tent in a hospital.’
- ‘She was placed under an oxygen tent, and Vita stayed by her bedside for days, quietly urging her to breathe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.