One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment where people pay to inhale pure oxygen for its reputedly therapeutic effects.
- ‘There's nowhere to sleep and re-energize quickly in Studio Town, although you can be pampered like a Hollywood star with the many amenities in town including a massage, mud bath, or visit to the local oxygen bar that helps somewhat.’
- ‘The second Maisonneuve Art Show, kicking off Thursday, April 15, promises to be a pleasantly corporeal affair, what with an in-house oxygen bar, free massages and all.’
- ‘Maybe all you need is a shot at the oxygen bar or a brief meditation to get your blood pumping again.’
- ‘You might even want to do some advanced breathing, like paying a visit to one of those oxygen bars you're always making fun of.’
- ‘‘Joanna, can you put us together a box of all these little things,’ says Cutler, as she tests some vitamin sprays at the oxygen bar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.