Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instrument for measuring the proportion of oxygenated haemoglobin in the blood.
- ‘Current pulse oximeters employ two wavelengths to detect blood oxygenation, as discussed in this report.’
- ‘The oximeter constantly measures the amount of oxygen in your blood.’
- ‘All patients are equipped with a pulse oximeter for monitoring of percutaneous oxygen saturation.’
- ‘We also used a pulse oximeter to measure oxygen saturation of the blood.’
- ‘Pulse oximeters measure the amount of oxygen dissolved in the blood.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.