One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the proportion of oxygenated haemoglobin in the blood.
- ‘The oximeter constantly measures the amount of oxygen in your blood.’
- ‘We also used a pulse oximeter to measure oxygen saturation of the blood.’
- ‘All patients are equipped with a pulse oximeter for monitoring of percutaneous oxygen saturation.’
- ‘Current pulse oximeters employ two wavelengths to detect blood oxygenation, as discussed in this report.’
- ‘Pulse oximeters measure the amount of oxygen dissolved in the blood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.