One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oxford and Cambridge universities regarded together.as modifier ‘Oxbridge colleges’
- ‘The exceptions are the Oxbridge people who exercise so much power in the universities, the civil service and political life.’
- ‘Crispin is bumbling up the corridor like a fading Oxbridge academic.’
- ‘The Oxbridge postgraduate community is much more mixed and meritocratic than the undergraduate body.’
- ‘The BBC has lost the rights to broadcast the Oxbridge Boat Race after more than fifty years of exclusively covering the event.’
- ‘There was the Oxbridge model: residential, tutorial, character-forming.’
Mid 19th century: blend of Oxford and Cambridge.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.