One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of oxalic acid.
- ‘The reaction of calcium ions with oxalic acid produces an insoluble solid, calcium oxalate.’
- ‘Transparent plastic tubes hold an oxalate (chemically related to oxalyl chloride) and a fluorescent dye.’
- ‘Similarly, the contents of alkaloids, tannins, oxalates, glucosides, dicumarins, prussic acid, nitrates or other substances in several weeds used as fodder and grasslands has also increased.’
- ‘Among other ingredients, we can mention oxalates and tannin.’
- ‘These are usually carbonates and oxalates in limestone environments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.