One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- as modifier ‘a leading manufacturer of own-label breakfast cereals’another term for own brand
- ‘One of the Tesco bargains I enjoyed is its own-label Chilean Merlot.’
- ‘Similarly, Turkish manufacturers marketed their own-label jeans under foreign-sounding brands, such as Moment Jeans or Pyramid Jeans, as if they were imported.’
- ‘Most own-labels in both the food and drink sectors have improved over the last ten years, and now the best often compete with the brand leaders - as well as being a good deal cheaper.’
- ‘It's the equivalent of an own-label food line and should be aiming much higher.’
- ‘As own-label has grown, brands have been squeezed off the supermarket shelves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.