One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His thick, rimmed glasses made him look rather owl-like.’
- ‘In appearance, he was a rotund, rather owl-like figure, usually casually dressed.’
- ‘It has an owl-like facial disk that is visible at close range.’
- ‘She stared at the crowd with enormous owl-like eyes that blinked in mechanical measure just above a slight aquiline nose.’
- ‘She shakily put her cup back on its blue china saucer and looked through her owl-like spectacles at Hannah.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.