One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Discharge of ova or ovules from the ovary.‘blood samples were assessed to determine the timing of ovulation’as modifier ‘a woman's ovulation cycle’count noun ‘consecutive ovulations’
- ‘The combined oral contraceptive pill, which is the most widely used type of pill, prevents ovulation.’
- ‘Nutrition, body weight, and stress affect menstruation and ovulation.’
- ‘Patients then completed the study according to protocol after six subsequent ovulations.’
- ‘Melatonin may inhibit ovulation, causing some women to have difficulty getting pregnant.’
- ‘Reliable methods to predict ovulation are lacking, therefore predicting the fertile window is also unreliable.’
- ‘Using DNA technology, the scientists have found two distinct genes with a large effect on ovulation rate in sheep.’
- ‘Women athletes who have amenorrhea and wish to become pregnant may require fertility drugs to induce ovulation.’
- ‘This usually results in increased ovulations and an increase in transferable embryos.’
- ‘Infertility among women is often due to ovulation problems, including failure to ovulate.’
- ‘In the form of enzymes and hormones, proteins help regulate sleep, digestion and ovulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.