One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Once a female stops shaking, males guard her during oviposition and subsequently attempt to copulate with her away from the dung.’
- ‘Increased fecundity may result from ejaculate compounds that stimulate egg maturation or oviposition in females.’
- ‘It is known, for example, that male crickets transfer substances in their ejaculates that stimulate egg production and oviposition in females.’
- ‘These are either the time until the first oviposition on a patch, or the time between ovipositions.’
- ‘The dissection of larvae revealed that multiple ovipositions into a single host did not occur in our experiments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.