One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an animal) producing young by means of eggs which are hatched after they have been laid by the parent, as in birds.
- ‘In oviparous species, females can enhance reproductive success by investing in the size, quality, and number of eggs.’
- ‘Females are oviparous and broadcast spawn eggs in the water column as the male does sperm.’
- ‘In contrast, our experimental study of an oviparous species that does not have parental care is of considerable interest, as any observed family resemblance is likely to be less dependent on pre- and postnatal influences.’
- ‘The regulation of hatching behavior in oviparous animals is important for successful reproduction, but is poorly understood.’
- ‘In oviparous animals this can include prefertilization decisions such as the production of larger eggs and the deposition of hormones, such as the steroid testosterone, into yolks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.