One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Roman poet Ovid or his works.‘Ovidian tales of the loves of the gods’
- ‘Ancient depictions of Marsyas show the satyr at one of three moments in the Ovidian narrative.’
- ‘Both his early narrative poems are based on Ovidian sources.’
- ‘Shakespeare was most Ovidian at the beginning and the end of his career.’
- ‘The frame with the Ovidian inscription was lost at some time between 1700 and 1842.’
- ‘An Ovidian transformation is happening in my hard-to-reach teenager.’
- ‘He analyzes the painting as an illustration of the Ovidian myth and relates it to other pictorial and textual interpretations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.