One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cover with a wrapping.‘when the food is cold, overwrap it tightly with foil’
- ‘She found rolls of plastic material like the type used in big garbage bags, and started overwrapping every large toy and a selection of electronics items that were likely to be Christmas gifts.’
- ‘‘Then we overwrap the whole thing with cellophane,’ explains McCabe.’
- ‘The case packers apply a non-retentive glue to a corrugated flat and the bottles are placed upon the board and overwrapped.’
An outer wrapping.‘a cellophane overwrap’
- ‘It's ideal for cast or blown-film applications to produce bags, shrink wrap, or overwrap.’
- ‘Hot-melt glue is applied to the slipsheets to keep the bottles in place while an overwrap is shrunk to form a 12-pack bundle.’
- ‘Another method is to use tightly fitting overwraps to increase resistance to invasion.’
- ‘Worse for some - for example, where you've got a plastic inner tray, a cardboard outer, with a cellophane overwrap, and several sticky price flash labels on it, strategically placed to catch your eye.’
- ‘An overwrap is fashioned over the trays and heated to 357 degrees for shrinkwrapping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.