One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cover with a wrapping.‘when the food is cold, overwrap it tightly with foil’
- ‘‘Then we overwrap the whole thing with cellophane,’ explains McCabe.’
- ‘The case packers apply a non-retentive glue to a corrugated flat and the bottles are placed upon the board and overwrapped.’
- ‘She found rolls of plastic material like the type used in big garbage bags, and started overwrapping every large toy and a selection of electronics items that were likely to be Christmas gifts.’
An outer wrapping.‘a cellophane overwrap’
- ‘It's ideal for cast or blown-film applications to produce bags, shrink wrap, or overwrap.’
- ‘An overwrap is fashioned over the trays and heated to 357 degrees for shrinkwrapping.’
- ‘Another method is to use tightly fitting overwraps to increase resistance to invasion.’
- ‘Hot-melt glue is applied to the slipsheets to keep the bottles in place while an overwrap is shrunk to form a 12-pack bundle.’
- ‘Worse for some - for example, where you've got a plastic inner tray, a cardboard outer, with a cellophane overwrap, and several sticky price flash labels on it, strategically placed to catch your eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.