One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for overruff
- ‘This includes trumping or overtrumping if you can not follow suit.’
- ‘For the sake of clarity, it is worth pointing out that where a lead of a plain suit has been trumped by the second player to a trick and the third to play also has no cards in the suit led, then the third player must still overtrump if possible.’
- ‘Failing to follow suit, trump or overtrump when able to do so.’
- ‘If you are trumping in, and there is a possibility of being overtrumped, trump with at least a Jack so that the fourth player cannot win with a Fox or 10 of trumps.’
- ‘For the first round, all clubs are trump and the three remaining Jacks overtrump clubs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.