One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for overruff
- ‘If you are trumping in, and there is a possibility of being overtrumped, trump with at least a Jack so that the fourth player cannot win with a Fox or 10 of trumps.’
- ‘For the first round, all clubs are trump and the three remaining Jacks overtrump clubs.’
- ‘For the sake of clarity, it is worth pointing out that where a lead of a plain suit has been trumped by the second player to a trick and the third to play also has no cards in the suit led, then the third player must still overtrump if possible.’
- ‘Failing to follow suit, trump or overtrump when able to do so.’
- ‘This includes trumping or overtrumping if you can not follow suit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.