One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Waterproof trousers, typically worn over other trousers.
- ‘It rains in the city, as it does on an island, but people do not wear plastic waterproof overtrousers here.’
- ‘Outer shell clothing: some kind of hooded, weatherproof jacket and overtrousers.’
- ‘It was the only wet day, but on that day I was really grateful for my gumboots, overtrousers and parka.’
- ‘The final choice, chosen for its lightness, performance, and packability, was a Patagonia Torrentshell jacket and overtrousers.’
- ‘We are ferried from the fishing boat by a small orange dinghy flooded knee - deep with freezing water, with only the Sprayway waterproof overtrousers combined with my ludicrously expensive Drys waterproof socks to keep my toes dry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.