One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Waterproof trousers, typically worn over other trousers.
- ‘It was the only wet day, but on that day I was really grateful for my gumboots, overtrousers and parka.’
- ‘The final choice, chosen for its lightness, performance, and packability, was a Patagonia Torrentshell jacket and overtrousers.’
- ‘It rains in the city, as it does on an island, but people do not wear plastic waterproof overtrousers here.’
- ‘We are ferried from the fishing boat by a small orange dinghy flooded knee - deep with freezing water, with only the Sprayway waterproof overtrousers combined with my ludicrously expensive Drys waterproof socks to keep my toes dry.’
- ‘Outer shell clothing: some kind of hooded, weatherproof jacket and overtrousers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.