Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Think about (something) too much or for too long:‘I often wonder if women tend to overthink situations’[no object] ‘he doesn't make snap decisions, but he doesn't overthink either’
- ‘Don't overthink this, I said to myself, my head starting to spin.’
- ‘However, I do get frustrated by what I would call an epidemic of overthinking everything.’
- ‘Try to be as true to your opinion as possible and don't over think it.’
- ‘This year we looked for music that I can feel comfortable with and tell a story which helps me not to over think my elements.’
- ‘I think you may be overthinking this one a bit, Eric.’
- ‘That is further proof the team lacks a fearsome defender… The coaching staff appears to overthink situations.’
- ‘I wouldn't overthink this one; just pick what you like.’
- ‘This latest feature is a good example of the dangers of over-thinking a problem.’
- ‘And he didn't try to combine elements or overthink the cartoon.’
- ‘Don't try to force them or overthink them; just let them flow.’
- ‘But sometimes we need a gentle reminder not to overthink our music.’
- ‘My therapist thinks I over think things.’
- ‘And, like others have said, don't overthink - just enjoy!’
- ‘No, now he was over thinking things.’
- ‘Often smart people tend be more passive because they over-think things.’
- ‘Portia laments how foolish all of her suitors are, trying to over think the puzzle.’
- ‘Then one night, relaxing in front of the television, I realized I was overthinking the matter.’
- ‘I try not to over think the questions.’
- ‘Rosa says I am too smart for my own good and that I tend to over think things.’
- ‘The switch seemed to cause Carey to overthink his assignments.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.