Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Think about (something) too much or for too long.‘I tend to overthink situations and problems in my life’no object ‘he doesn't make snap decisions, but he doesn't overthink either’
- ‘I try not to over think the questions.’
- ‘Then one night, relaxing in front of the television, I realized I was overthinking the matter.’
- ‘I think you may be overthinking this one a bit, Eric.’
- ‘This year we looked for music that I can feel comfortable with and tell a story which helps me not to over think my elements.’
- ‘That is further proof the team lacks a fearsome defender… The coaching staff appears to overthink situations.’
- ‘Rosa says I am too smart for my own good and that I tend to over think things.’
- ‘Don't overthink this, I said to myself, my head starting to spin.’
- ‘However, I do get frustrated by what I would call an epidemic of overthinking everything.’
- ‘Don't try to force them or overthink them; just let them flow.’
- ‘The switch seemed to cause Carey to overthink his assignments.’
- ‘And he didn't try to combine elements or overthink the cartoon.’
- ‘I wouldn't overthink this one; just pick what you like.’
- ‘And, like others have said, don't overthink - just enjoy!’
- ‘Often smart people tend be more passive because they over-think things.’
- ‘No, now he was over thinking things.’
- ‘My therapist thinks I over think things.’
- ‘Portia laments how foolish all of her suitors are, trying to over think the puzzle.’
- ‘But sometimes we need a gentle reminder not to overthink our music.’
- ‘Try to be as true to your opinion as possible and don't over think it.’
- ‘This latest feature is a good example of the dangers of over-thinking a problem.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.