Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Impose too much work on.‘an overtasked school system’
overtax, overwork, overburden, overextend, overreach, overtask, make too many demands on, run oneself into the ground, work oneself into the ground, exert excessively, drive too far, exert to the limit, push to the limitView synonyms
- ‘On the other hand, each member must let the group know when his elements are getting overtasked.’
- ‘Being the new guy, I had found it easy to become overtasked.’
- ‘‘I have not had the courage to apply for the Owen's professorship; the fact is I do not feel it would be good for me to overtask my brain’.’
- ‘Nobody knows what the weariness of instruction is, as soon as the teacher's faculties begin to be overtasked, but those who have tried it.’
- ‘Return to ‘the basics’ whenever you're busy, behind, or overtasked.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.