One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Impose too much work on.‘an overtasked school system’
overtax, overwork, overburden, overextend, overreach, make too many demands on, run oneself into the ground, work oneself into the ground, exert excessively, drive too far, exert to the limit, push to the limitView synonyms
- ‘On the other hand, each member must let the group know when his elements are getting overtasked.’
- ‘Nobody knows what the weariness of instruction is, as soon as the teacher's faculties begin to be overtasked, but those who have tried it.’
- ‘‘I have not had the courage to apply for the Owen's professorship; the fact is I do not feel it would be good for me to overtask my brain’.’
- ‘Being the new guy, I had found it easy to become overtasked.’
- ‘Return to ‘the basics’ whenever you're busy, behind, or overtasked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.