One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessively sweet in taste.‘a cup of oversweet tea’
banal, trite, hackneyed, commonplace, clichéd, predictable, stereotyped, platitudinous, inane, fatuous, vapid, jejune, weak, feeble, tired, stale, overworked, overused, well wornView synonyms
- ‘Plum wine jelly with plum sorbet and diced lightly cooked plums was refreshing, light, not oversweet.’
- ‘Organic seared salmon with a sesame crust and a marginally oversweet, faintly citric sauce could have done with some seasoning.’
- ‘Plus, the raspberry cognac sauce is oversweet.’
- ‘Alternative boneless wings are chicken tenders soggy with that same oversweet sauce.’
- ‘‘Now, this is Puck,’ Linda motioned to the gothic boy who waved vaguely at her and downed another glass of lemonade, wincing at the oversweet taste.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.