One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet the vast majority of the unknown number of illegal migrants living in Britain are overstayers; that is people who entered Britain legally as visitors, to work, or as students, and failed to go home again.’
- ‘By way of example, in America, Supreme Court Judges and Presidential appointees are investigated for breaching labour laws like hiring Mexican overstayers and border-jumpers.’
- ‘Many are second or third generation overstayers and some even trace their ancestry back hundreds of years to The Great Fleet.’
- ‘We also know that there are more than 60,000 overstayers in Australia - people who have also broken the rules.’
- ‘Of the illegal workers arrested, 29 were two-way permit holders and three were overstayers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.