One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking sophistication and subtlety.‘an oversimple theory of human nature’
facile, superficial, oversimplified, schematic, black and whiteView synonyms
- ‘Today such technologically determinate arguments seem over-simple.’
- ‘"I was just following orders" is the slightly oversimple but not really inaccurate way we remember their defense.’
- ‘The all-day menu pasted up in the window seemed over-simple and even off-putting.’
- ‘I must point out that my account is over-simple and somewhat idealized.’
- ‘That argument is unfortunately over-simple.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.