One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking sophistication and subtlety.‘an oversimple theory of human nature’
facile, superficial, oversimplified, schematic, black and whiteView synonyms
- ‘That argument is unfortunately over-simple.’
- ‘Today such technologically determinate arguments seem over-simple.’
- ‘The all-day menu pasted up in the window seemed over-simple and even off-putting.’
- ‘I must point out that my account is over-simple and somewhat idealized.’
- ‘"I was just following orders" is the slightly oversimple but not really inaccurate way we remember their defense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.