Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Reveal an inappropriate amount of detail about one's personal life.‘her taste for oversharing was part of a grassroots publicity campaign that cost her and her label nothing’
- ‘I do sincerely hope everyone reading this concurs, or I may have overshared.’
- ‘It's been fairly well documented (I'm a blogger, I've been doing it for 11 years, oversharing is in my nature) that I've lost a sizeable amount of weight this year.’
- ‘Today, I'm thinking maybe I'm a New Yorker: I like black and whites (cookies) and onion bagels, and short attention spans and oversharing.’
- ‘The letters are by turns hilarious and tragic, highly inappropriate and oversharing.’
- ‘I know I could be oversharing here again, but, you know, it's always better to get these things out up front.’
- ‘She is not exactly guilty of oversharing though maybe she deserves points for that, too.’
- ‘When I wrote about it before, many of the comments said how it's somehow inappropriate or oversharing to talk about infertility or the trials people go through to start a family.’
- ‘And that lowered expectation of privacy is not just a function of the information oversharing common on social networking sites.’
- ‘Most obviously, it leads to a great deal of oversharing: all of those photographs that seemed like a fun idea at the time are only the beginning of it.’
- ‘Knowing that the worst of my online oversharing is still publicly accessible doesn't thrill me, but it doesn't scare me anymore either.’
- ‘"I do think that there are intimacy and privacy issues with any memoir or personal essay or blog post, and I know that people can accuse me of oversharing," she admits.’
- ‘Internet dating offers an interesting case study of these technological risks, for it encourages both transparency and oversharing, as well as another danger: it insists that we reduce and market ourselves as the disembodied sum of our parts.’
- ‘I can give my site a bit more of my tender love if I am still passionate about the web and my shameless oversharing on this blog, but there are more interesting to do in my life every weekend or after work.’
- ‘It's meant to highlight privacy issues in our culture of oversharing or whatever, but I'm slightly more concerned about the lengthy gaps between the days he wore deodorant.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.