One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sew (the edges of something) with every stitch passing over the join.‘oversew the two long edges together’
- ‘For patients with recurrent pneumothorax, surgery to remove, oversew, or staple any residual blebs may be indicated.’
- ‘The patient's chest was opened within five minutes, multiple units of blood were transfused, the hole was oversewn and the patient's blood pressure was stabilized.’
- ‘The majority of operations described involved cutting the Fallopian tube and oversewing the cut end so that it was hidden.’
- ‘This lesion was oversewn with a felt-buttoned 4-0 Prolene suture, leading to complete termination of bleeding.’
- ‘However, it is possible that it may occur simply as a result of oversewing a bowel segment at the time of anastomosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.