One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It requires expansion of our emotional lexicon, distinguishing sensitivity from oversensitivity.’
- ‘It is linked to an oversensitivity to the hormone testosterone, which may be stress-related.’
- ‘I think it is about an oversensitivity to race and gender issues, rather than a lack of awareness.’
- ‘This oversensitivity to being slighted in turn provokes the desire to rectify one's situation through retaliation, by lashing out at the offender.’
- ‘One of the problems that can be faced by autistic people is an oversensitivity to sound.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.