One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Value too highly; overrate.
assess too highly, overestimate, overvalue, prize too highly, rate too highly, think too much of, exaggerate the worth of, attach too much importance toView synonyms
- ‘Parents overprize their children, while they behold them through the vapours of affection.’
- ‘His mind had in it too much of that intellectual pride which scorns labor, and overprizes victory, to meet with unqualified admiration.’
- ‘Though I refrain from overprizing originality, I cannot help valuing novelty at its full worth.’
- ‘He was a younger brother of an ancient wealthy family, valued the less by others, because overprized by himself.’
- ‘A man may undervalue life as well as overprize it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.