One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See overpoweringas submodifier ‘he found the weather overpoweringly hot’
- ‘We've used a lot of malt in this brew so it's overpoweringly malty at this stage.’
- ‘There were plenty of lamb chops, liberally but not overpoweringly garnished with rosemary, which was an effective touch.’
- ‘The air was a bit musty in here, but not overpoweringly so.’
- ‘Television advertising is overpoweringly loud and often trite and tasteless, particularly those awful ads for motorcars.’
- ‘Worse, the sweet and sour sauce was overpoweringly sweet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.