Bowl (a ball) so that it pitches or would pitch too far up the pitch.‘be prepared to get hit for four off the overpitched balls’
overstate, overemphasize, overstress, overestimate, overvalue, magnify, amplify, aggrandize, inflateView synonyms
- ‘He broke through for his first wicket of the match in his 24th over of the innings, unfurling an overpitched delivery to the young left-hander.’
- ‘Whenever he had the width, or got an overpitched or short delivery he made maximum use of them.’
- ‘But he resolved to play straight and wait to pick off his overpitched straight balls.’
- ‘The player added two more fours to his tally when he whacked a full toss through square leg and then guided an overpitched ball over the rope at mid-wicket.’
- ‘Batsmen are standing deep in their crease and waiting for the overpitched ball which is regularly disappearing to the cover boundary.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.