One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job it is to supervise the work of others.‘she had worked as an overlooker at Mansfield Hosiery for five years’
- ‘Mr Lambert, a retired weaving overlooker, returned home at 7pm to find firefighters tackling the outbreak.’
- ‘She said her husband, formerly a cotton overlooker, had left her four years before.’
- ‘The weavers and overlookers on the weekend shift who have lost their jobs were all long-term employees.’
- ‘Mr Minton was a loom overlooker and then weaving and design manager at Kelsall and Kemp.’
- ‘I am an overlooker and I have to superintend the children at the mill.’
- ‘Within days the weaving overlooker from Denholme, near Bradford, was having a battery of tests at St Luke's Hospital in Bradford.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.