One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a company) having taken on too much debt.
- ‘Thus the strain of the adjustment forced on its overleveraged UK operations falls directly on the Tata group in India.’
- ‘While other banks continued to funnel money to over-leveraged conglomerates, he scaled back exposure to them.’
- ‘The currency crashed - and so did overheated markets and over-leveraged economies across Asia.’
- ‘And small companies are not as weighed down as big Japanese companies with large payrolls and overleveraged balance sheets.’
- ‘We have seen money inundate the hedge fund community, adding an additional layer of leveraged speculation on top of an already egregiously overleveraged financial system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.