One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
On the other side of the page.‘an information sheet is printed overleaf’
- ‘If I may turn overleaf, paragraph 3 is not contentious.’
- ‘I showed her she was looking at the wrong page, and that overleaf my current - and valid - visa could be seen.’
- ‘The table overleaf lists some examples of both types of drivers.’
- ‘Do let the magazine team know what you think, by writing to the address overleaf.’
- ‘On this leaflet it stated that customers should refer to the calendar overleaf for details of the recycling collection dates.’
- ‘The woeful story of the debt burden is illustrated in the map overleaf.’
- ‘This pattern of discovery may be schematized as in the figure overleaf.’
- ‘The requested dates of work overleaf have been provisionally booked.’
- ‘The response page should keep you busy for some time with links to servers that bear default pages similar to the one pictured overleaf.’
- ‘The seven parts are labelled as stated in the table overleaf, which shows how the parts are distributed between the two sources.’
- ‘In other cases, if you accept that we had the right to seize the things listed overleaf, we may return them to you on certain conditions.’
- ‘The responsibility for the payment of fees remains with the party to whom the letter overleaf is addressed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.