One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is perhaps due to overfamiliarity that I find the metaphor unenlightening.’
- ‘Pearson and Bonneville convey less pleasant characters with quiet conviction, yet even these performances cannot hide the overfamiliarity.’
- ‘Industry insiders suggest a mixture of greed, overexpansion and simple overfamiliarity has knocked the shine from certain formerly invincible megabrands.’
- ‘I hate that overfamiliarity between the generations.’
- ‘If there was anything that depressed him about younger literary scholars it was their overfamiliarity with ‘theory’ at the expense of the art of close textual reading.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.