One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is perhaps due to overfamiliarity that I find the metaphor unenlightening.’
- ‘I hate that overfamiliarity between the generations.’
- ‘Pearson and Bonneville convey less pleasant characters with quiet conviction, yet even these performances cannot hide the overfamiliarity.’
- ‘If there was anything that depressed him about younger literary scholars it was their overfamiliarity with ‘theory’ at the expense of the art of close textual reading.’
- ‘Industry insiders suggest a mixture of greed, overexpansion and simple overfamiliarity has knocked the shine from certain formerly invincible megabrands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.