One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessively accurate and careful about minor details.‘you do not need to be overexact in calculating your submission date’
critical, censorious, carping, captious, cavilling, quibbling, nigglingView synonyms
- ‘It can be just as misleading to be overexact, by insisting on distinctions finer than the context makes necessary, as to be careless.’
- ‘All over-exact people are unpleasant company.’
- ‘I am not very proud of this translation, for even in its vagueness it is overexact.’
- ‘Here the narrator creates a logical chain that is not only grammatically excessive but comically overexact.’
- ‘Perhaps these writers were unburdened by ''overexact'' technical knowledge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.