Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Excessively accurate and careful about minor details.‘you do not need to be overexact in calculating your submission date’
- ‘It can be just as misleading to be overexact, by insisting on distinctions finer than the context makes necessary, as to be careless.’
- ‘All over-exact people are unpleasant company.’
- ‘Perhaps these writers were unburdened by ''overexact'' technical knowledge.’
- ‘I am not very proud of this translation, for even in its vagueness it is overexact.’
- ‘Here the narrator creates a logical chain that is not only grammatically excessive but comically overexact.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.