Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having feelings that are too easily excited and displayed.‘we're not an overemotional family’
unpredictable, changeable, variable, inconstant, inconsistent, uncertain, erratic, irregular, unstable, turbulent, unsteady, unsettled, unreliable, undependable, changing, ever-changing, varying, shifting, fluctuating, fluid, mutable, protean, fitful, wavering, full of ups and downsView synonyms
- ‘Girls are sweet, well-behaved, self-sacrificing, passive, submissive, overemotional, and, above all, attractive.’
- ‘But now I see I was just being overemotional again.’
- ‘Ah, well, I guess I'm just an overemotional little woman.’
- ‘Ah, but it's a double-edged sword, you see, and it always is for those ill-adjusted overemotional beings who make their living by playing tennis.’
- ‘It's not that one way's better than the other, but I do help women to realize that it doesn't help when you're overemotional.’
- ‘If he can keep from getting overemotional - a problem he has had in the past - he may eventually win the league's defensive MVP award.’
- ‘I know nothing of my mom, and all of my dad's friends are so overemotional.’
- ‘For an overemotional nerd like me the bells started ringing once that sentence was completed.’
- ‘He's mature enough to learn from bad performances, rather than becoming overemotional.’
- ‘At least being overemotional benefits me when it comes to my writing.’
- ‘When you're not wearing the necklace are you overemotional?’
- ‘Meanwhile, klutzy, overemotional Simone was sobbing madly, because she had gotten herself caught in the folding chair.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.