One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With overeagerness now in check, Keegan is back on the program.’
- ‘Ironically, what might be an overeagerness to avoid panicking citizens ends up insulting their intelligence or making them radically sceptical, even cynical, about official assurances.’
- ‘I chalk it up to a slip of the tongue, perhaps due to overeagerness on McClellan's part to make an interjection.’
- ‘It was a bit of overeagerness, maybe, and being a bit hot-tempered.’
- ‘His overeagerness to prove a ‘scientific’ point has led him to extreme heterodoxy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.