One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]often as adjective overdyed
Dye (something that is already dyed) with a second dye.
- ‘The line is more subtle than other overdyed denims on the market, Branch emphasizes.’
- ‘If you want to try it, & the comforter will easily fit in your washer, you could experiment with redyeing or overdyeing these items.’
- ‘She may be able to overdye the entire ensemble for you.’
- ‘I really don't know if you can overdye this kind of stain, but you could try it.’
- ‘For example, we were the first to overdye fabrics for fashion garments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.