One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]often as adjective overdyed
Dye (something that is already dyed) with a second dye.
- ‘For example, we were the first to overdye fabrics for fashion garments.’
- ‘The line is more subtle than other overdyed denims on the market, Branch emphasizes.’
- ‘I really don't know if you can overdye this kind of stain, but you could try it.’
- ‘She may be able to overdye the entire ensemble for you.’
- ‘If you want to try it, & the comforter will easily fit in your washer, you could experiment with redyeing or overdyeing these items.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.