One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make too dry.
- ‘To get truer color, dry the flowers one at a time to avoid overdrying them.’
- ‘Salicylic acid prevents new pimples from forming, while aloe vera, green-tea and sage extracts calm skin and keep it from overdrying.’
- ‘The rich, foaming lather won't overdry or irritate skin.’
- ‘Bath oils that contain antiseptic may have added benefit in certain cases but have a tendency to overdry and sometimes actually irritate the skin.’
- ‘Delaying harvest greatly increases shatter losses and overdries the soybeans.’
- ‘This means farmers can save on drying expenses, cut drying capacity, and reduce the potential loss from overdrying.’
- ‘Stay away from traditional soap bars, which may leave a film (like soap scum) or act harshly and overdry normal skins.’
- ‘This zit zapper kills acne-causing bacteria and contains oil-free moisturizers so it won't overdry your skin.’
- ‘Ash also suggests keeping the clay moist while it's on your face so it doesn't overdry your skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.