One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is not concerned that the company was over-dependent on a single brand.’
- ‘The signs are usually a fall in academic performance, problems socialising with friends at school, or clingy, overdependent behaviour.’
- ‘Sixth, the absence of any engagement with Iran leaves the United States over-dependent on Pakistan for influence in Afghanistan.’
- ‘Don't be over-dependent on dishes that need to be served chilled - a lot of things taste better at an ambient temperature anyway.’
- ‘For in the last 30 years he has established that we have become dangerously overdependent on a few high-yielding varieties of plant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.